We then went to the Silk Road hotel, a place that was recommended to us because of its fantastic food. The person who recommended it to us happened to be an Australian. She was from Sydney. Apparently she told everyone she met that Sydney was better then Melbourne. As if! Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world, which makes it the best place in not only Australia, but the world as well! If you agree with me comment on the blog. Anyway, the Silk Road Hotel. It's food was really good. I had kebabs (my main meal in Iran). After that we started making our way back to the hotel. I was practising my cricket, pretending to bowl down the street. Nobody seemed to know what I was doing. Everybody thought I was crazy (Mum agrees). On the way back to the hotel, we bought some traditional Yazd sweets. We went back to the hotel and had a good chat with Paul. We shared the sweets (which were very nice), with Paul. Then, after a long day, we crashed into bed.
The next morning, I was feeling sick, so Mum and I stayed at the hotel while Dad went out to find the chemist and look at a few things. It was a very quiet morning. When Dad got back at about one, we went out to a Mosque. This one is very beautiful and it has the Nazi symbol on it. We found out that it isn't the Nazi symbol, it is actually the symbol of infinity, timelessness, birth and death. The name of the symbol is gardoneh mehr. It is an ancient Iranian symbol and it can be found on lots of Iranian buildings. It is a beautiful Mosque, with a big hall. We walked to a big sweet shop. We bought some sweets for my Italian-Australian Auntie, my German Uncle and my Italian-Australian-German- cousins.
No comments:
Post a Comment